Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Studio Project_Explorer: Second Post

I liked Jennifer's comment on maybe mixing video with some 3D animation. I think I'm gonna try and use some of that idea and film my scenes and locations with one of the school's HD camera's and then use Maya for the effects and the 2 characters in my project. I'm not sure my style yet I looked at a lot of tutorials and continue to do so. I'll post a few of them regarding some face designing and stuff regarding that. But unfortunately I haven't played around to figure out my style but I will when I come in tomorrow morning. So here are some posts of a few tutorials I've watched.





2 comments:

Charlotte said...

It's good that you are locating tutorials and watching them, but there is a wide gap between watching and actually producing. I am concerned that you are getting too focused on process right now. If you want to work on tutorials, that's fine, but post the result (image/s from your MAYA / Z-Brush file result). PLUS, when a youtube tutorial recommends that you go to the source (the last one blatantly says that he go the info from Digital Tutors), then go to the source and get the original information.
Since you already have a storyboard (from the TBMD class) you already know the content. What is missing is how the content will look. I need for you to find images or CREATE images that show variations on how your piece might/will look.
If you want to work in MAYA, then I need to see actual results, your results. Make something tangible. Complete a tutorial from beginning to end.
Explorer is about collecting but it's also about sketching, brain-storming, and trying out different techniques.

Charlotte said...

Nothing for Designer Post 1?